• Boys Lacrosse wins @ Pope John, 11-4, on Friday, April 19, bringing season record to 4-4
  • Girls Lacrosse loses @ Immaculate Heart, 12-6, on Monday, April 22, bringing season record to 4-6
  • Baseball loses to Mendham, 4-3, on Tuesday, April 23, bringing season record to 11-2
  • Softball loses to Morris Knolls, 5-2, on Tuesday, April 23, bringing season record to 8-4
  • Boys Volleyball beats Chatham, 2-0, on Monday, April 22, bringing season record to 7-7
  • Boys Tennis beats Morristown, 5-0, on Monday, April 22, bringing season record to 5-3

Boys Basketball Captain Ryan Kress Honored as Morris County Player of the Year

Katie Gilligan

Senior Ryan Kress, the history-making captain of the Boys Basketball team, was honored as Morris County Player of the Year at a luncheon held at Hanover Manor on Tuesday, Mar. 12.

The Morris County Boys Basketball Coaches Association selected Kress for the award following an outstanding 2023-2024 Boys Basketball season that saw him make history by breaking not one but three career records for Randolph, for all-time scoring, assists and three-point field goals.

“It felt amazing,” said Kress about both receiving his award and breaking records. “Just to know that my name will remain in Randolph basketball history is a dream come true.”

After two prior seasons on the varsity team, Kress saw a steady increase in his stats this year, leading to his staggering 23.5 points per game this season. Kress also showcased his unparalleled court vision and selflessness with an impressive 333 assists over the course of his career, setting yet another Randolph record.

During the JP Flynn Tournament, held in December, where Randolph battled for three games midway through the season, Kress was honored as a member of the All-Tournament Team, foreshadowing the other awards that would soon come his way.

Kress broke the school scoring record on Feb. 12 after scoring 16 points against Morristown. Kress’ remarkable career as a Ram saw him amass a staggering 1,394 points on the court, shattering the previous scoring record held by Julian Aiken.

In addition to breaking the scoring record, his 192 3-pointers also set a record. Kress came into the year not needing many more 3-pointers to break the record, but he ended up netting an additional 68, giving him a significant lead over the previous record holder.

Kress added on to his list of records with 124 assists in the season, cementing his legacy as one of Randolph High School’s most iconic and decorated athletes.

It was not just the sheer statistics that earned Kress the accolade of top dog in Morris County, but also his ability to execute in big moments. In just the second game of the season, Kress hit a game winning free throw to defeat Basking Ridge, 48-47.

Kress continued to ignite the Randolph squad in win-or-go-home moments during the postseason by scoring 28.5 points per game during Randolph’s run in the Morris County Tournament and leading the team in scoring for the State Sectional Tournament.

Kress is a Randolph athlete who will always be remembered.

About the Contributors
Tommy Martin
Tommy Martin, Staff Reporter
Tommy Martin is a senior at RHS who is in Mrs. Finnell’s Journalism 1 class this year. He is thrilled to be a staff reporter for Rampage. Tommy also plays baseball for the high school as well as club baseball, and he is a member of Chess Club. Tommy volunteers often in his community to give back to the less fortunate.   
Jack Novak
Jack Novak, Staff Reporter
Jack Novak is a freshman staff reporter for Rampage. As he is enrolled in Mrs. Finnell’s Journalism 1 class this year, Jack is eager to develop his journalistic skills his year. Jack plays basketball and lacrosse for the high school. and spends much of his free time playing basketball year-round with his Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) team. At school, in addition to writing for Rampage, Jack is involved with the Bridges Club, Chess Club and Hebrew Culture Club. His hobbies include fishing, listening to music and watching his favorite show, "Impractical Jokers."
Katie Gilligan
Katie Gilligan, Staff Photographer