• Boys Lacrosse beats Parsippany Hills, 13-2, in Morris County Tournament, First Round, on Tuesday, May 7, bringing season record to 7-5
  • Girls Lacrosse loses @ Mendham, 15-6, in Morris County Tournament, Quarterfinal Round, on Saturday, May 4, bringing season record to 5-9
  • Baseball bests Union, 20-3, on Wednesday, May 8, bringing season record to 16-4
  • Softball beats Roxbury, 2-1, in Morris County Tournament, Semifinal Round on Wednesday, May 8, bringing season record to 12-7
  • Boys Volleyball loses to Vernon, 2-0, on Thursday, May 9, bringing season record to 11-10
  • Boys Tennis beats Mountain Lakes, 4-1, on Wednesday, May 8, bringing season record to 12-4

Randolph Boys Ice Hockey Overpowers Morristown Beard Crimson, 3-1: Andrew George Collects Hat Trick 

Rams+celebrate+Andrew+Georges+hat+trick+on+the+way+to+a+3-1+victory+over+MoBeard+on+Wednesday%2C+Jan.+3%2C+2024.+
Rams celebrate Andrew George’s hat trick on the way to a 3-1 victory over MoBeard on Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2024.

Randolph Boys Ice Hockey collected their first win of the new year in a 3-1 tilt versus Morristown Beard on Wednesday night, Jan. 3, at Mennen Arena in Morristown. 

“We came out and scored early, that definitely sparked our bench for the rest of the game,” junior Andrew George said. 

The Rams shot out of a cannon to begin the first period, and 43 seconds in, George threw a wild puck toward the Crimson cage that ricocheted over the head of the goaltender and in. As the period was winding down, a MoBeard goal tied the game at 1-1. 

The second period had a firewagon pace and remained scoreless until George potted his second of the evening to give the Rams the 2-1 advantage heading into the final frame.  

“I just fired it,” George said. “Everyone was fired up; we wanted it and had all the momentum.”

Halfway through the period, it was George once again finding twine to complete the hat trick and put the Rams up by a pair, 3-1.  

The Rams attack remained steadfast, along with strong lockdown defense, allowing only 17 shots for an offensive-minded MoBeard squad. Senior goalie John Krynicki stopped 16 in the win.  

“Our guys really wanted it today and it showed, Head Coach Rich Mclaughlin said. “It is always a great feeling to beat these guys.”

The now 7-0-1 Rams shift their focus to Summit next, whom they will have to battle starting at 5:45 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 5, at SportsCare Arena. 

About the Contributor
John Krynicki
John Krynicki, Staff Reporter
Senior John Krynicki is in his first year of the Journalism program at RHS. John is looking forward to writing sports articles this year, especially about Boys Ice Hockey, the team he plays for at RHS.