The Student-Run News Site of Randolph High School

Rampage

Breaking News
  • Boys Lacrosse wins @ Livingston, 8-6, on Monday, May 13, bringing season record to 8-6
  • Girls Lacrosse beats Westfield, 15-10, on Saturday, May 18,, bringing season record to 7-10
  • Baseball loses @ Roxbury, 7-6, on Tuesday, May 14, bringing season record to 16-8
  • Softball wins @ Roxbury, 3-0, on Monday, May 13, bringing season record to 13-8
  • Boys Volleyball beats Jefferson, 2-0, on Tuesday, May 14, bringing season record to 14-11
  • Boys Tennis beats Madison, 3-2, on Monday, May 13, bringing season record to 13-5

Rampage

Rampage

Randolph Boys Soccer Loses to Delbarton, 1-0, in County Semifinals

Randolph Boys Soccer lost to Delbarton, 1-0, in the Morris County Tournament semifinals, on Wednesday, Oct. 17, at Mount Olive High School.

“We came out with an aggressive mindset,” senior Aidan Fisher said. “We’ve played Delbarton two times before, so we know how they play and how much of a challenging team they can be.”

With the slow offensive start to the game, the Rams defense, headlined by senior Captain Connor Rodrigues and junior Jayden DeCarvalho, stepped up with some incredible plays to keep the Delbarton offense at bay. Sophomore Gavin Vinchengrad was excellent in goal, tallying four saves.

The first half was played primarily on Randolph’s side, but the Rams started to gain momentum through the first half, although the attempts led to no success. The first half ended with a 0-0 tie.

“Missing starters impacts the team, as we have to throw in people to fill those roles,” senior Captain Ricardo Sanchez said. “With the limited time, it’s hard to prepare and even maintain consistency over a very intense season”

Starting out the second half, the Rams came out hot, putting pressure on Delbarton’s defense, while creating multiple opportunities to score and get on the board.

After a multitude of penalties and fouls, Delbarton cashed in, securing a rebound shot to take a 1-0 lead with just over 10 minutes left. The Rams were not able to fight back, falling 1-0 to Delbarton in the county semifinals.

“This loss affects our minds because now we know how it feels to lose a big game,” Rodrigues said. “So now, we have to be more focused for every game and every opportunity. I can’t hold anyone accountable for the loss because we lost as a team, and everyone gave their full effort, and it just didn’t go the way we wanted, so now we have to move on.”

The Rams will take the field again at home against Chatham on Friday, Oct. 20, which is Teacher Appreciation night.

About the Contributor
Cameron Johnson
Cameron Johnson, Media Producer, Staff Reporter
Cameron "Cam" Johnson is a senior and a Staff Reporter and Media Producer for Rampage. Cam has produced media for Rampage, such as "Cam in the Halls," and he is enrolled in Mrs. Finnell's Journalism I class this year. Outside of writing and producing for Rampage, Cam is a member of the Ram Report and Video Club. He also participates in the Boys Track team for Randolph. Cam is an avid Jets and Mets fan; he attends Jets home games every year. 
View Comments (1)
Donate to Rampage

Your donation will support the student journalists of Randolph High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to Rampage

Comments (1)

All Rampage Online Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• P

Patricia NewbeckOct 22, 2023 at 8:27 pm

Excellent play by play report on the game. I am not an avid Soccer fan and I was able to I understand what was going on.

Keep up the good work, Cameron

Reply