• Boys Lacrosse beats Parsippany Hills, 13-2, in Morris County Tournament, First Round, on Tuesday, May 7, bringing season record to 7-5
  • Girls Lacrosse loses @ Mendham, 15-6, in Morris County Tournament, Quarterfinal Round, on Saturday, May 4, bringing season record to 5-9
  • Baseball bests Union, 20-3, on Wednesday, May 8, bringing season record to 16-4
  • Softball beats Roxbury, 2-1, in Morris County Tournament, Semifinal Round on Wednesday, May 8, bringing season record to 12-7
  • Boys Volleyball loses to Vernon, 2-0, on Thursday, May 9, bringing season record to 11-10
  • Boys Tennis beats Mountain Lakes, 4-1, on Wednesday, May 8, bringing season record to 12-4

Girls Soccer Lives Up to Top County Seed Ranking, Most Recently Beating Morris Knolls, 1-0, in Morris County Tourney Semifinal

Randolph+Girls+Soccer%2C+the+top+county+seed%2C+is+headed+to+the+MCT+finals+against+Chatham+%40+Roxbury+on+Saturday%2C+Oct.+21.+Pictured%2C+from+left%3A+Freshman+Carly+Renna%2C+and+juniors+Tamara+Khattab%2C+Kayla+Brand+and+Chelsea+Renna+celebrate+after+scoring+a+goal+against+Pope+John+on+Monday%2C+Oct.+2%2C+2023.+
Randolph Girls Soccer, the top county seed, is headed to the MCT finals against Chatham @ Roxbury on Saturday, Oct. 21. Pictured, from left: Freshman Carly Renna, and juniors Tamara Khattab, Kayla Brand and Chelsea Renna celebrate after scoring a goal against Pope John on Monday, Oct. 2, 2023.

Girls Soccer beat Morris Knolls, 1-0, in the semifinal round of the Morris County Tournament (MCT) on Tuesday, Oct. 17, with star athlete Jojo Denegri scoring the winning goal. Randolph now has a shot at winning the county finals against Chatham @ Roxbury on Saturday, Oct. 21.

Making it this far in the tournament isn’t surprising given that Randolph, currently ranked No. 4 in the state, got the top seed out of 27 county teams on Oct. 4, followed by Chatham, Roxbury, Morris Knolls and Madison.

“I was super excited when we received the first seed in the tournament,” junior Co-Captain Rylie Van Wingerden said, shortly after the top ranking was announced. “After a lot of hard work and a ton of preparation, we were extremely deserving of it. In prior years we have fallen short, but I think all of that has led us to maintain the right mindset to succeed and make a run this year. Our team consists of talented players in numerous positions; all of whom are dedicated and able to make an impact. Our well-balanced team is already on the road to success, and I cannot wait for everyone to see what we are capable of.”

After the seed announcement, in the preliminary round of the MCT, Mendham (16) beat Parsippany Hills (17), 3-0, on Saturday, Oct. 7. In the first round, Randolph (1) beat Mendham (16), 2-0, on Wednesday, Oct. 11, with the latter losing their hopeful shot at taking down the number one seed. In the next round, Randolph played Morristown (9)  at Mendham High School, with Randolph continuing their dominant run and edging out Morristown, 2-1, on Oct. 15.

Will Randolph beat Chatham to win the country finals? The answer is only three days away, when the two face off on the soccer field @ Roxbury this coming Saturday, Oct. 21.

About the Contributor
Jamie Donnelly
Jamie Donnelly, Staff Reporter
Jamie Donnelly is a sophomore who participates in the Journalism program at RHS. This is her first year writing for Rampage, and she is looking forward to it. In addition to writing for Rampage, Jamie also plays soccer and loves to listen to music.