The Student-Run News Site of Randolph High School

Rampage

Breaking News
  • Boys Lacrosse beats Parsippany Hills, 13-2, in Morris County Tournament, First Round, on Tuesday, May 7, bringing season record to 7-5
  • Girls Lacrosse loses @ Mendham, 15-6, in Morris County Tournament, Quarterfinal Round, on Saturday, May 4, bringing season record to 5-9
  • Baseball bests Union, 20-3, on Wednesday, May 8, bringing season record to 16-4
  • Softball beats Roxbury, 2-1, in Morris County Tournament, Semifinal Round on Wednesday, May 8, bringing season record to 12-7
  • Boys Volleyball loses to Vernon, 2-0, on Thursday, May 9, bringing season record to 11-10
  • Boys Tennis beats Mountain Lakes, 4-1, on Wednesday, May 8, bringing season record to 12-4

Rampage

Rampage

Randolph Field Hockey Dethrones Undefeated Boonton, 1-0 

The Rams Field Hockey team defeated the previously undefeated Boonton Bombers, 1-0, on Thursday, Oct. 5, which was also Teacher Appreciation night.

Randolph Field Hockey beat the undefeated Boonton Bombers, 1-0, on Thursday, Oct. 5, which was also Teacher Appreciation night, at Bauer Field. 

“Boonton is such a strong program; all the credit to them,” Senior Co-Captain Riley Novak said. “And it was so exciting beating them for our Teacher Appreciation game.” 

In the beginning of the game, the Rams started with the ball. After a quick and unsuccessful drive, the ball was handed over to the Bombers. For the next couple of minutes, the ball went back and forth between the teams at around the half field point.  

Randolph was able to put high pressure on Boonton through the first quarter; however, despite a close shot from senior Summer Walsh, the quarter ended scoreless.  

The second quarter was a gritty battle of the ball switching position and players fighting for leverage, spending most of the quarter battling at mid field. By half time, the score remained 0-0.  

As the second half began, both teams ran on the field eager for the ball. With 2:26 left in the third, senior Joelle Yurchuk passed the ball to senior Madison Molina, who ripped a shot into the Bombers’ goal. 

The fourth quarter saw no points scored, despite meaningful attempts from both sides. Randolph was able to defend against the top ranked Bombers and win, 1-0.  

“I’m very proud of everyone on my team for fighting all four quarters and not letting our guard down,” Novak concluded.  

Randolph ended the game with five shots on goal, and junior goalie Jessica Altemose totaled five saves. 

Randolph will play again on Wednesday, Oct. 11, at Roxbury High School. 

About the Contributors
Jackson Stein
Jackson Stein, Staff Reporter
Freshman Jackson Stein is a staff reporter for Rampage. Jackson also wrestles for Randolph and is part of the Hebrew Culture Club and Chess Club. Outside of school he spends much of his time training in mixed martial arts (MMA) at AMA Fight Club.
Jack Novak
Jack Novak, Staff Reporter
Jack Novak is a freshman staff reporter for Rampage. As he is enrolled in Mrs. Finnell’s Journalism 1 class this year, Jack is eager to develop his journalistic skills his year. Jack plays basketball and lacrosse for the high school. and spends much of his free time playing basketball year-round with his Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) team. At school, in addition to writing for Rampage, Jack is involved with the Bridges Club, Chess Club and Hebrew Culture Club. His hobbies include fishing, listening to music and watching his favorite show, "Impractical Jokers."