• Boys Lacrosse beats West Essex, 17-6, on Tuesday, April 30, bringing season record to 6-5
  • Girls Lacrosse beats Roxbury, 18-3, in Morris County Tournament, Second Round, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 5-8
  • Baseball wins @ Livingston, 10-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 13-3
  • Softball loses @ Jefferson, 4-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-6
  • Boys Volleyball beats Sparta, 2-0, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-7
  • Boys Tennis beats Mount Olive, 5-0, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 9-4

Lacrosse Star Defender Edward Wysmierski Commits to Stevens Tech

Carly Ellermeyer

Randolph Senior Edward Wysmierski recently committed to play college lacrosse at the Stevens Institute of Technology.

“I committed to Stevens Institute of Technology because I felt the education I could receive there would be very beneficial for me in my future,” Wysmierski said. “I also get the chance to play for one of the best coaches and teams in the entire Division 3 lacrosse.”

Wysmierski has been a stellar varsity defender since freshman year. For the past three years, he has locked up opposing teams’ attackers while also making an impact on the offensive end with two goals and five assists.

“Eddie is a playmaker that makes big plays every game,” said Connor Cuonzo, a Rams varsity lacrosse teammate.

“I’m best at pushing the ball down the field looking to create offensive chances,” Wysmierski said. “My lacrosse strengths are my leadership and high knowledge of the game.”

Wysmierski makes a difference off the field as well. “Off the field he is a great, kind, respectful, and a very humble person,” Cuonzo said.

“Eddie is always one to say words of encouragement on and off the field. And he will be the first one to check up on you if something is happening” senior teammate Jacob Barninger said. “He’s a great leader that wants everyone to be better.”

“I was very happy that Eddie committed to Stevens, he deserves it after his hard work and dedication to the sport,” Cuonzo said.

“When he committed, I felt very proud of him. I’ve been playing with him for a while and know how much he wanted to play in college,” Barninger added.

Wysmierski has had an extremely successful lacrosse career at Randolph, and he credits his success to his parents, his love for the game and his competitiveness to win.

Wysmierski said he hopes to finish strong in his final season at Randolph before advancing his lacrosse career at Stevens. “I am most excited to lead this young team out and to see how far we can go in both the county and state tournaments,” Wysmierski said.

About the Contributors
Colin O’Meara
Colin O’Meara, Editor-in-Chief
Colin O’Meara is a senior and an Editor-in-Chief of Rampage. Colin has also written articles for TAPinto Randolph and was enrolled in Mrs. Finnell's Journalism I class last year. Outside of writing for Rampage and TAP, Colin is a member of the Team Harmony Club, Science National Honor Society, Math National Honor Society, and English Honor Society. He also participates in the boy's soccer team and the boy's track team for Randolph.
Carly Ellermeyer
Carly Ellermeyer, Multimedia Editor
Junior Carly Ellermeyer is ecstatic to be the first-ever Multimedia Editor for Rampage, now in its second year online. She is an aspiring communications major with a newfound passion for filming and editing. This is Carly's third year on the Rampage staff and her second year as an editor. Outside of her role for Rampage, Carly can be found performing on stage.