The Student-Run News Site of Randolph High School

Rampage

Breaking News
  • Boys Lacrosse wins @ Pope John, 11-4, on Friday, April 19, bringing season record to 4-4
  • Girls Lacrosse loses @ Immaculate Heart, 12-6, on Monday, April 22, bringing season record to 4-6
  • Baseball loses to Mendham, 4-3, on Tuesday, April 23, bringing season record to 11-2
  • Softball loses to Morris Knolls, 5-2, on Tuesday, April 23, bringing season record to 8-4
  • Boys Volleyball beats Chatham, 2-0, on Monday, April 22, bringing season record to 7-7
  • Boys Tennis beats Morristown, 5-0, on Monday, April 22, bringing season record to 5-3

Rampage

Rampage

Spring Sports Preview

Robert Harris
Class of 2024 Girls Lacrosse returning players (from left) Morgan Behar, Taylor Santoro, Summer Walsh and Riley Novak celebrate a goal last season. The Girls Lacrosse team went 16-6 last year, and with this year’s impressive roster, the team is stacked enough to beat that record in the coming months. The season starts on Tuesday, April 2, against Verona.

Boys Lacrosse: Season Opener, Monday, April 1

The Boys Lacrosse team went 13-8 last season, ending with a 10-9 loss to Ridge in the state semifinals. This year’s team faces the loss of many powerhouse players to the last year’s graduation, including Stefan Swedland and Tyler Holland.

The current team will be led by Skidmore commit Jake Weiner, who scored an impressive 63 points last season.

“This season I am really looking forward to the chemistry and connection we have as a team,” Weiner explained. “We lost a lot of seniors last year, but I am excited to see how my teammates step up and take advantage of their new roles. As a team our goal is to bounce back from our state semifinals loss last year and make it to the finals and ultimately win our state group.”

The team’s season starts on Monday, April 1 @ Delbarton.

Girls Lacrosse: Season Opener, Tuesday, April 2

The Girls Lacrosse team went 16-6 last year, ending with a 13-12 loss to Northern Highlands in the state semifinals.

This year’s team has an impressive roster, with eight players committed to play in college. The team will be led by Stanford D1 commit Alexis Rodell, who made an incredible 105 goals last season. Rider commit Taylor Santoro and Bryant commit Riley Novack will also boost the team offensively.

They begin their season on Tuesday, April 2 against Verona.

Softball: Season Opener, Monday, April 1

The Softball team had a historic 20-5 season, ending in the state semifinals against Cranford.

With the loss of many power hitters like Kiersten Tinio and Rebecca Hai, the team will look to junior Autumn Liebhauser and sophomores Cassidy Smith and Haley Arigo to lead the team offensively.

The team has consistent pitching with returning sophomores Bre Colburn and Kayleigh McClain.

“I am excited for this season, we are going to be facing new challenges as we have moved up a conference, but I think we can handle it,”senior captain Lindsey Kudriavetz explained. “We really have a special group of girls, and our connection on and off the field is really great.”

They will start their season on April 1 against Montville.

Baseball: Season Opener, Monday, April 1

The Boys Baseball team went 14-12 last season, losing in the second round of states to North Hunterdon.

The team almost has a complete returning roster and looks to be led offensively by senior Rocco Albano and University of North Carolina commit, junior AJ Terry.

The team has a strong pitching line up, with University of Maine commit Tommy Martin and University of Miami commit James Klevin.

“We have a team that can do great things and win a lot of games,” senior Ethan Gorman explained. “I think we all have our eyes on getting better and winning something bigger.”

The team will start their season on Monday, April 1 @ Montville.

Boys Tennis: Season Opener, Tuesday, April 2

The Boys Tennis team went 13-7 last season, ending their season in the second round of states against Tenafly.

The team looks to be led by returning seniors Kevin Tish, Cameron Longa and Lukas Visser.

“Coming back to tennis for my senior year, I really want to have a good impact for my final season,” returning player Kevin Tish said. “The team had a great season last year, but we fell just short of winning our division and finished second [West Morris Central won]. I think we have a really good chance this year to take back that spot and become the division champions.”

The first match of the season takes place on Tuesday, April 2, against Roxbury.

Boys Volleyball: Season Opener, Monday April 1

The Boys Volleyball team went 24-5 last season, coming to an end in the state semifinals against Scotch Plains.

“Each season brings a new and exciting dynamic. I am really looking forward to working with this upcoming group. I believe in them,” Head Coach Eric Novak commented. “I and many of the guys have high expectations going into the season. Guys like Kevin Tinio and Jayden DeCarvalho have stepped up in demonstrating what it looks like to properly prepare.”

The team was previously led by 2023 grads Jonas Covalesky and Joshua Barrett. This year’s team will be led by seniors Marko Aksentijevic, Hunter Kasper and Ramon Fernandez.

The team’s season starts on Monday, April 1 @ Morristown.

About the Contributor
Jamie Donnelly
Jamie Donnelly, Staff Reporter
Jamie Donnelly is a sophomore who participates in the Journalism program at RHS. This is her first year writing for Rampage, and she is looking forward to it. In addition to writing for Rampage, Jamie also plays soccer and loves to listen to music.