• Boys Lacrosse wins @ Glen Ridge, 15-3, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 5-4
  • Girls Lacrosse loses to Morris Knolls, 10-5, on Thursday, April 25, bringing season record to 4-7
  • Baseball loses to Ridge, 6-0, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 11-3
  • Softball loses @ Lenape Valley, 2-1, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 8-5
  • Boys Volleyball beats Morristown, 2-0, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 8-7
  • Boys Tennis wins @ Morris Knolls, 5-0, on Thursday, April 25, bringing season record to 6-3

Girls Basketball Wrap-Up: Season Ends with Well-Fought, 13-14 Record

Robert Harris
Flanked by teammates Kate Sullivan (left) and Katie Tighe (right), Kayla Brand sets up a foul shot at the team’s last home game, played against Nutley, on Feb. 20, 2024.

Randolph Girls Basketball concluded their 2023-2024 season with a 13-14 record, led by junior Kayla Brand and senior captain Katie Tighe, who were the team’s top scorers with 244 and 243 points, respectively. Here are some highlights from the 2023-2024 season.

Dec. 14 – Jan. 13: Rams Enjoy Strong Start to Season

The Rams started off their season strong, with a win against Sparta, 33-21. Junior Aliyah Lambo led the game with 15 points, and Brand had some great defense with four steals.

The following two games saw tough losses for Randolph against Chatham, 54-27, and Montville, 44-40. However, the Rams bounced back with a win at West Essex, 48-25, where Brand scored 21 points, closely followed by Tighe with 11 points and nine steals.

Later in the month, the girls also got to compete in the Ridge Holiday Classic and went 1-3 in the tournament.

The team entered the new year with motivation, starting with three wins in January. Upperclassmen Lambo and Tighe and junior Lindsey Bona contributed significantly to the team’s success, helping the young team progress through the season.

We play for each other, which many teams do not. Our team has done a great job of stepping up and doing what they need to do.”

— Katie Tighe, senior captain

Jan. 17 – Jan. 23: Randolph Struggles Mid-Season

After the injury of some team members, the Rams fell into a slump with a four-game losing streak.

“We tried to stay positive and encourage each other,” Brand said about the team’s effort. “Some of the younger players began to step up.”

Junior Kayla Pentz stood out at this time, filling in for the missing players. Pentz, along with junior Kate Sullivan, contributed crucial points and steals for the team during these challenging matchups.

Jan. 26 – Feb. 1: Randolph Bounces Back with Five-Game Winning Streak

With support from the upperclassmen, the team rallied and turned their season around. Sophomores Kalya Takacs and Irene Pardo stepped up and helped the team. Randolph won against Morristown-Beard, 29-26; Kinnelon, 48-23; North Star Academy, 52-40; and Columbia, 56-51.

Their hard work paid off at the Mendham versus Randolph game, where the Rams won, 45-40, advancing in the Morris County Tournament.

“We play for each other, which many teams do not,” Tighe said. “Our team has done a great job of stepping up and doing what they need to do.” As a relatively fresh team, with many seniors from the Class of ’23 having graduated the prior year, this season’s team focused on communicating well and growing together.

Feb. 2 – Feb. 20: Rams End Season on High Note

Despite facing four tough losses after their previous wins, the team used these setbacks as motivation and won their last two games in the regular season against Kearny, 36-32, and Nutley, 54-42.

Tighe found her rhythm in the Nutley game, scoring a high of 21 points. She led her team to the win, with help from starters Brand, Takacs, Pentz, and Sullivan. They also get assistance from sophomore Reina Daniel, making key free throws when needed.

Randolph finished their season with a loss against Sumit, 24-40, in the first round of the State Tournament.

The Lady Rams final record closed at 13-14, capping off a well-fought winter season.

About the Contributors
Alivia Wright
Alivia Wright, Staff Reporter
Alivia Wright is a sophomore, and this is her first year working as a staff reporter for Rampage. She is excited to improve as a reporter and learn more about journalism. Alivia is a member of many other clubs at RHS including Key Club, Team Harmony and Green Club. She also swims for the Rams Girls Swim Team.  
Cassidy Smith
Cassidy Smith, Staff Reporter
Sophomore Cassidy Smith is enjoying her first year as a staff reporter for Rampage and looks forward to writing future articles. Cassidy also plays softball for the Rams Softball team and is a member of Green Club and Team Harmony.