• Boys Lacrosse wins @ Glen Ridge, 15-3, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 5-4
  • Girls Lacrosse loses to Morris Knolls, 10-5, on Thursday, April 25, bringing season record to 4-7
  • Baseball loses to Ridge, 6-0, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 11-3
  • Softball loses @ Lenape Valley, 2-1, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 8-5
  • Boys Volleyball beats Morristown, 2-0, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 8-7
  • Boys Tennis wins @ Morris Knolls, 5-0, on Thursday, April 25, bringing season record to 6-3

Randolph Boys Ice Hockey Demolishes Millburn, 10-0, in First Round of States

Liz Bukh
The calm after the storm: The No. 1 seeded Rams form the handshake line after beating Millburn, 10-0, in the first round of States at SportsCare Arena in Randolph, on Tuesday evening, Feb. 20.

The top-seeded Rams began their state tournament last night with a 10-0 win against Millburn at Sportscare Arena in Randolph, on Tuesday evening, Feb. 20.

“We just have to continue to take this thing one game at a time,” Head Coach Rich Mclaughlin said after the game.  

Despite their best efforts, Millburn eventually succumbed to the offensive prowess of the Rams. The first period saw Millburn fight with all their strength until about halfway through when junior Isaac Stock netted the first of what would become four goals in two and a half minutes for the Rams. They ended the period up by a score of 5-0. 

“We got in control and didn’t take our foot off the gas,” junior captain Brian Cislo said. 

The second period saw much of the same as 90 seconds in the Rams’ 6th goal got rifled home off a blistering shot from junior Andrew George.  The Rams fired four more pucks into the back of the net, two of those coming from junior captain Jase Zangara who finished the evening with a hat trick. 

The game ended at the buzzer of the second period as the Rams completed the mercy on Millburn. 

The Rams improved their record to 20-0-1 and are set to face off against Livingston in the next round of the State tournament on Friday, Feb. 23, at SportsCare Arena in Randolph. 

About the Contributors
John Krynicki
John Krynicki, Staff Reporter
Senior John Krynicki is in his first year of the Journalism program at RHS. John is looking forward to writing sports articles this year, especially about Boys Ice Hockey, the team he plays for at RHS.
Liz Bukh
Liz Bukh, Photo Editor
Elizabeth (Liz) Bukh is a junior and the photo editor for Rampage. Liz has taken Intro to Photography as well as Photography I and II. This is her first year on staff at Rampage, and she is excited to take pictures for the school, whether they be for Rampage or the Yearbook. Outside of taking pictures, Liz does track and field and wants to work in the field of public relations in the future.