• Boys Lacrosse wins @ Pope John, 11-4, on Friday, April 19, bringing season record to 4-4
  • Girls Lacrosse loses @ Immaculate Heart, 12-6, on Monday, April 22, bringing season record to 4-6
  • Baseball loses to Mendham, 4-3, on Tuesday, April 23, bringing season record to 11-2
  • Softball loses to Morris Knolls, 5-2, on Tuesday, April 23, bringing season record to 8-4
  • Boys Volleyball beats Chatham, 2-0, on Monday, April 22, bringing season record to 7-7
  • Boys Tennis beats Morristown, 5-0, on Monday, April 22, bringing season record to 5-3

Speech & Debate Makes Impressive Comeback at Freehold Tourney

The+Speech+%26+Debate+team+celebrates+the+teams+trophy+wins+at+the+Freehold+Township+tournament%2C+held+on+Saturday%2C+Feb.+3%2C+2024.+
Katie Burke
The Speech & Debate team celebrates the team’s trophy wins at the Freehold Township tournament, held on Saturday, Feb. 3, 2024.

In the face of tough competition, RHS Speech & Debate brought home five new trophies from the Freehold Township tournament, held on Saturday, Feb. 3. The wins mark an impressive comeback and a remarkable display of talent for the team.

“I really enjoyed the tournament,” said junior Ryan Schorr, who won the Impromptu Speaking event. “I am excited to see how future tournaments go, especially in Impromptu.”

“Freehold was a very fun tournament, and I loved their theme of medieval times,” Head Coach Katherine Burke added. “We did very well as a team, and I am excited to see how the rest of the season goes.”

Here are the standings from the tournament:

• Ryan Schorr, junior: 1st place, Impromptu Speaking
  • Joy Rachel, sophomore: 2nd place, Junior Varsity Lincoln Douglas
  • Saahithi Jatamoni and Parmitha Mudipalli, sophomores: 3rd place, Novice Public Forum
  • Emma Bruton and Megan Yoga, sophomores: 4th place, Novice Public Forum
  • Rohan Gupta, sophomore: 6th place, Junior Varsity Lincoln Douglas

The team hopes to maintain this exciting and successful spirit as they head to Harvard for their next tournament on Friday, Feb. 16.

About the Contributor
Jiah Shah
Jiah Shah, Staff Reporter
Jiah Shah is a freshman and a staff reporter for Rampage. She is enrolled in Journalism 1 with Mrs. Finnell. Jiah enjoys writing in her free time and often writes poems to clear her mind. Jiah is enrolled in a few clubs including Key Club, Literature Club, and Literature Magazine. Her other hobbies include playing with her dog, baking, and listening to her grandmother’s stories.