• Boys Lacrosse beats West Essex, 17-6, on Tuesday, April 30, bringing season record to 6-5
  • Girls Lacrosse beats Roxbury, 18-3, in Morris County Tournament, Second Round, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 5-8
  • Baseball wins @ Livingston, 10-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 13-3
  • Softball loses @ Jefferson, 4-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-6
  • Boys Volleyball beats Sparta, 2-0, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-7
  • Boys Tennis beats Mount Olive, 5-0, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 9-4

Randolph Boys Ice Hockey Powers Through Morristown Beard, 4-2, to Remain Undefeated

Carly Ellermeyer
Boys Ice Hockey celebrates the team’s victory against Morristown Beard on Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024, with the Rams remaining undefeated at 12-0-1.

The Rams kept their undefeated, 12-0-1 streak alive with a 4-2 victory over the Crimson on Wednesday evening, Jan. 17, at Mennen Arena.

“It’s another great game for us, and we have to keep the energy at a high level as we head into the end of the season,” junior captain Brian Cislo said.

Randolph entered the evening as the No. 1 ranked public school ice hockey team in the state. The game started off uncharacteristically for the Rams as they surrendered the first tally and trailed 1-0 halfway through the first. Just under two minutes later, the Rams roared back with an immediate answer to tie the contest as sophomore Vincent Crisafulli potted home a rebound on the doorstep.

“The team needed a spark, and I think getting that goal ignited our fire for the rest of the night,” Crisafulli said.

The second-period Rams looked like a team shot out of a cannon as they allowed only one shot against them and spent most of the period in the offensive zone. The continued pressure paid off as Randolph was rewarded with yet another goal from Crisafulli to give the Rams a 2-1 lead.

A quick goal in the final frame off the stick of junior captain Jase Zangara brought Randolph to a 3-1 lead. The Rams continued to fend off the Crimson attack for the rest of the game, despite giving up one more goal late in the game, before junior Andrew George deposited his 15th of the season into an empty net, sealing the deal at 4-2.

“We love beating Beard,” George said.

The unbeaten Rams will look to continue their dominance on Saturday evening, Jan. 20, when they face off against Bernards, at 8:15 p.m. at Mennen Arena in Morristown.

About the Contributors
John Krynicki
John Krynicki, Staff Reporter
Senior John Krynicki is in his first year of the Journalism program at RHS. John is looking forward to writing sports articles this year, especially about Boys Ice Hockey, the team he plays for at RHS.
Carly Ellermeyer
Carly Ellermeyer, Multimedia Editor
Junior Carly Ellermeyer is ecstatic to be the first-ever Multimedia Editor for Rampage, now in its second year online. She is an aspiring communications major with a newfound passion for filming and editing. This is Carly's third year on the Rampage staff and her second year as an editor. Outside of her role for Rampage, Carly can be found performing on stage.