• Boys Lacrosse beats West Essex, 17-6, on Tuesday, April 30, bringing season record to 6-5
  • Girls Lacrosse beats Roxbury, 18-3, in Morris County Tournament, Second Round, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 5-8
  • Baseball wins @ Livingston, 10-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 13-3
  • Softball loses @ Jefferson, 4-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-6
  • Boys Volleyball beats Sparta, 2-0, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-7
  • Boys Tennis beats Mount Olive, 5-0, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 9-4

No. 1 Ranked Randolph Boys Ice Hockey Plows Through West Essex, 8-0: Natural Hat Trick from Andrew George 

Senior+goalie+John+Krynicki+%28pictured+here+at+a+prior+game%29+collected+his+third+shutout+of+the+season+as+the+Rams+beat+the+West+Essex+Knights%2C+8-0%2C+on+Wednesday%2C+Jan.+10%2C+2023%2C+at+SportsCare+Arena+in+Randolph.+
Carly Ellermeyer
Senior goalie John Krynicki (pictured here at a prior game) collected his third shutout of the season as the Rams beat the West Essex Knights, 8-0, on Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2023, at SportsCare Arena in Randolph.

The Rams Boys Ice Hockey squad continued their undefeated streak on Wednesday evening, Jan. 10, winning an 8-0 onslaught on the West Essex Knights at SportsCare Arena in Randolph. With an impressive 10-0-1 season record, Randolph is now the No. 1 ranked team in the NJ.com Top-20 rankings.

At Wednesday night’s game, the Rams came out looking to continue their dominance, pouncing early when sophomore Keegan Melly found the back of the net just 55 seconds into the game. The offensive barrage took off for the Rams as they piled on three more unanswered goals, all coming off the stick of junior Andrew George to end the period up, 4-0.

“I just wanted to fire the puck,” George said, “and good things happen when you do that.”

We have a lot of good teams coming down the pipe; we have to clean up our game before it really matters.”

— Head Coach Rich Mclaughlin

The Rams remained restless as they continued to pummel shots into the middle frame where sophomore Vinny Crisafulli deposited his fifth goal of the season and fifth goal of the evening to give the Rams a 5-0 lead heading into the third.

“We know we have some big tests down the line,” junior captain Brian Cislo said. “We are trying to perfect our game, and we have to do it now, even against teams that might not be at our level.”

As the offense poured on another three goals to make it 8-0, senior goaltender John Krynicki collected his third shutout of the season.

“Everyone has been lights out in front of me,” Krynicki said. “The team has looked unfazed on the ice. We just have to want to win more than anything else.”

The Rams face off in their highly anticipated Mennen Cup Final rematch against division rival Chatham at 5:45 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 12, at Mennen Arena in Morristown.

About the Contributors
John Krynicki
John Krynicki, Staff Reporter
Senior John Krynicki is in his first year of the Journalism program at RHS. John is looking forward to writing sports articles this year, especially about Boys Ice Hockey, the team he plays for at RHS.
Carly Ellermeyer
Carly Ellermeyer, Multimedia Editor
Junior Carly Ellermeyer is ecstatic to be the first-ever Multimedia Editor for Rampage, now in its second year online. She is an aspiring communications major with a newfound passion for filming and editing. This is Carly's third year on the Rampage staff and her second year as an editor. Outside of her role for Rampage, Carly can be found performing on stage.