• Boys Lacrosse wins @ Glen Ridge, 15-3, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 5-4
  • Girls Lacrosse loses to Morris Knolls, 10-5, on Thursday, April 25, bringing season record to 4-7
  • Baseball loses to Ridge, 6-0, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 11-3
  • Softball loses @ Lenape Valley, 2-1, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 8-5
  • Boys Volleyball beats Morristown, 2-0, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 8-7
  • Boys Tennis wins @ Morris Knolls, 5-0, on Thursday, April 25, bringing season record to 6-3

Randolph Boys Ice Hockey Rolls Over Morris Knolls, 9-4

Junior+Jacob+Campbell+charges+towards+the+net+on+a+solo+offensive+play+that+ended+with+a+goal+on+the+way+to+Randolph+beating+Morris+Knolls%2C+9-4%2C+on+Monday%2C+December+11%2C+2023.+
Carly Ellermeyer
Junior Jacob Campbell charges towards the net on a solo offensive play that ended with a goal on the way to Randolph beating Morris Knolls, 9-4, on Monday, December 11, 2023.

The Randolph Boys Ice Hockey team beat Morris Knolls in a 9-4 landslide on Monday, Dec. 11 at Mennen Arena, bringing the Rams’ early-season record to 2-0.

“I think we worked harder as a team and worked to get more shots when it really mattered,” senior captain Ashton Feinberg explained. “The team worked to the very end; even when we were up, we continued to play defense until the final buzzer.”

Morris Knolls initially took the momentum of the game, scoring within the first five minutes. Junior captain Jase Zangara quickly responded, scoring on a power play assisted by sophomores Vincent Crisafulli and Daniel Sharkey.

Knolls scored once again on a power play, ending the first period 2-1.

“Our mindset going into last night’s game against such a rival was to go in there and take care of business,” junior captain Brian Cislo reflected. “We had multiple grueling days of practice in preparation for Monday’s game. We all knew what was at stake and everybody had the same goal in mind.”

Our mindset going into last night’s game against such a rival was to go in there and take care of business.”

— junior captain Brian Cislo

The Rams took the lead starting in the second period, with a goal from sophomore Shane Melly, followed by another goal by Zangara.

Morris Knolls answered, scoring two more times before the end of the period, leaving Randolph trailing at 3-4.

“I feel that nothing needed to be said, and we all knew what we had to do, and that was to win the game,” junior Drew George said. “Our coach is always great with getting us fired up; we really took the energy we had and put it all on the ice.”

The third period is when the momentum of the game shifted significantly. George scored to start the period and tie the game.

Melly tacked on another goal to help the Rams take the lead. Randolph was on a roll, with goals from junior Jacob Campbell, Zangara, George and sophomore Ryan Thomas.

“From the first two periods to the third period we almost looked like a different team; once we started to put our shots on net, opportunities kept presenting themselves,” Cislo concluded.  “We seemed to have almost flipped another gear on that helped us excel through the third period and put away Knolls.”

Randolph takes on Madison next, on Thursday, Dec. 14, at Mennen Arena.

About the Contributors
Lindsey Kudriavetz
Lindsey Kudriavetz, Editor-in-Chief

Lindsey Kudriavetz is a senior and an editor-in-chief for Rampage. Lindsey has been writing articles since her freshman year and completed Mrs. Finnell's Journalism I and II classes. Lindsey primarily writes sports articles, and she is also passionate about sports photography. Outside of writing, Lindsey is the executive producer for the Ram Report and editor-in-chief for the yearbook. She is also on the varsity softball team as a pitcher.

Carly Ellermeyer
Carly Ellermeyer, Multimedia Editor
Junior Carly Ellermeyer is ecstatic to be the first-ever Multimedia Editor for Rampage, now in its second year online. She is an aspiring communications major with a newfound passion for filming and editing. This is Carly's third year on the Rampage staff and her second year as an editor. Outside of her role for Rampage, Carly can be found performing on stage.