The Student-Run News Site of Randolph High School

Rampage

Breaking News
  • Boys Ice Hockey beats Millburn, 10-1, at first round of States, on Tuesday, Feb. 20, bringing undefeated season record to 20-0-1
  • Boys Basketball beats Mount Olive, 65-53, on Saturday, Feb. 17, bringing season record to 14-13
  • Girls Basketball loses @ Morristown, 41-22, on Thurssday, Feb. 8, bringing season record to 11-12
  • Girls Ice Hockey loses @ Chatham in Cohen Cup, Quarterfinal Round, 8-0, on Wednesday, Feb. 7, bringing season record to 2-15
  • Boys Swimming wins @ Morris Knolls, 88-82, on Friday, Jan. 26, bringing season record to 4-3
  • Girls Swimming beats Hanover Park, 103-67, in NJSIAA Tournament, First Round, on Thursday, Feb. 1, bringing season record to 6-4
  • Boys Fencing wins @ Kinnelon, 22-5, on Tuesday, Feb. 6, bringing season record to 7-1
  • Girls Fencing wins @ Kinnelon, 21-6, on Tuesday, Feb. 6, bringing season record to 5-3

Rampage

Rampage

Lacrosse Superstar Riley Novak Commits to Bryant University

RHS senior Riley Novak recently committed to play lacrosse at Bryant University.

“It was very important for me to find a school that would push me both athletically and academically,” Novak said.

“What really stood out to me about Bryant’s program was the family culture,” she added. “It was clear that everyone is there to succeed as a team and be each other’s biggest supporters. That’s something I wanted to be a part of.”

Novak has had a phenomenal high school lacrosse career. During her junior campaign, Novak posted a line of 53 goals and 20 assists, for a total of 73 points. She also had an impressive 65 draw controls.

“Riley Novak is the single most hardworking person on and off the field, and the entire team is so excited for her recent commitment to Bryant,” senior co-captain Lexi Rodell said.

“She is constantly doing extra work to improve her skill,” senior teammate Katie Tighe added. “Bryant is extremely lucky to have a player like her.”

Novak’s senior year will mark her second term as a co-captain of Girls Lacrosse for Randolph. She has been a natural leader as an athlete and student during her tenure at RHS.

“Riley has been an active leader on the team since her freshmen year,” head coach Jillian Picciuto said. “She fell into the captain role her junior year and adjusted well to it. She is a player who can handle the pressure in a game, and her teammates will look to her for guidance and reassurance. She is a great role model both on and off the field.”

Novak hopes to lead the Girls Lacrosse team to another successful spring season during her final year as a Randolph Ram. After graduating in June, she plans to plans to pursue a degree in Health Sciences as a recruit and member of the Bryant Class of 2028.

About the Contributor
John Krynicki, Staff Reporter
Senior John Krynicki is in his first year of the Journalism program at RHS. John is looking forward to writing sports articles this year, especially about Boys Ice Hockey, the team he plays for at RHS.