• Boys Lacrosse beats Parsippany Hills, 13-2, in Morris County Tournament, First Round, on Tuesday, May 7, bringing season record to 7-5
  • Girls Lacrosse loses @ Mendham, 15-6, in Morris County Tournament, Quarterfinal Round, on Saturday, May 4, bringing season record to 5-9
  • Baseball bests Union, 20-3, on Wednesday, May 8, bringing season record to 16-4
  • Softball beats Roxbury, 2-1, in Morris County Tournament, Semifinal Round on Wednesday, May 8, bringing season record to 12-7
  • Boys Volleyball loses to Vernon, 2-0, on Thursday, May 9, bringing season record to 11-10
  • Boys Tennis beats Mountain Lakes, 4-1, on Wednesday, May 8, bringing season record to 12-4

Field Hockey Record Soars to 12-5-1, Including Win Against Lawrence in NJSIAA

Jack Novak
Sophomore defender Daniella Gizienski shuts down the Cardinals’ approaching attack before beating Lawrence, 4-3, in the first round of NJSIAA, on Friday, Oct. 27.

Editor’s Note: Randolph Field Hockey is enjoying some stellar stats this season, including beating Lawrence, 4-3, in the first round of NJSIAA, on Friday, Oct. 27, and a five-game winning streak after defeating Par Hills on Thursday, Oct. 19.

Despite their hard fight, the Rams did have a blip in the interim, falling short to the Chatham Cougars, 1-0, on Oct. 24, ending their five-game winning streak before getting back on track at States. As of this hour today, the team is enjoying a 12-5-1 season.

Rookie sports reporter Joey Viespoli was at the field to cover Randolph’s win against Par Hills that brought the Rams’ winning streak to five.

Randolph Girls Field Hockey defeated the Par Hills Vikings, 4-1, on Thursday, Oct. 19, at Bauer Field

The Vikings mainly possessed the ball at the beginning of the game, but Randolph continued to fight to score. “We came out of the gate ready to go, having high energy coming off four straight wins in a row,” senior Captain Joelle Yurchuk stated.

With seven minutes remaining in the first quarter, Yurchuk positioned herself close to the Vikings’ goalie and ripped a shot that entered the back of the net, scoring the first goal of the game.

The Vikings pushed the pressure in the second quarter, trying to tie the score, but the Rams’ defense made it exceedingly difficult for the Vikings to create opportunities to score.

The Rams came out strong once again in the first minutes in the third quarter, as Yurchuk ran from half field to score her second goal.

Yurchuk was a strong contributor to the Rams’ victory, scoring three goals and assisting in one goal to sophomore Avery Gamsby as well.

The Rams’ teamwork, effort and determination was on full display during this game, and they were able to dominate their opponents. “This momentum is crucial for us,” senior Captain Riley Novak said.

“Winning five straight games means we are only going up from here. I am excited to see how the closing of the season plays out,” Novak said.

About the Contributors
Joey Viespoli
Joey Viespoli, Staff Reporter
Staff reporter Joey Viespoli is a senior at Randolph High School and a part of the Randolph football program. Joey has been with the program throughout all four years of his high school career and was elected team captain this year. Joey is a leader on the football field and in the classroom. Apart from this, Joey has been working since he was 14 years old and spends a lot of time with his friends and family. 
Jack Novak
Jack Novak, Staff Reporter
Jack Novak is a freshman staff reporter for Rampage. As he is enrolled in Mrs. Finnell’s Journalism 1 class this year, Jack is eager to develop his journalistic skills his year. Jack plays basketball and lacrosse for the high school. and spends much of his free time playing basketball year-round with his Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) team. At school, in addition to writing for Rampage, Jack is involved with the Bridges Club, Chess Club and Hebrew Culture Club. His hobbies include fishing, listening to music and watching his favorite show, "Impractical Jokers."