• Boys Lacrosse beats West Essex, 17-6, on Tuesday, April 30, bringing season record to 6-5
  • Girls Lacrosse beats Roxbury, 18-3, in Morris County Tournament, Second Round, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 5-8
  • Baseball wins @ Livingston, 10-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 13-3
  • Softball loses @ Jefferson, 4-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-6
  • Boys Volleyball beats Sparta, 2-0, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-7
  • Boys Tennis beats Mount Olive, 5-0, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 9-4

Soccer Star Jordana “Jojo” DeNegri Commits D1 to Yale University

Junior+Jordana+Jojo+DeNegri+has+committed+to+play+D1+soccer+at+Yale+University%2C+one+of+the+eight+schools+in+the+Ivy+League.+
Liz Bukh
Junior Jordana “Jojo” DeNegri has committed to play D1 soccer at Yale University, one of the eight schools in the Ivy League.

Girls Soccer star Jordana “Jojo” DeNegri recently committed to play D1 soccer at Yale University. DeNegri, who’s currently a junior at RHS, made the verbal commitment to the Ivy League school on Aug. 18, 2023, cementing her place as a future member of Yale’s Class of 2029.

“I have always known that I wanted to go to an Ivy,” DeNegri said. “I wanted a school that had good academics and a good soccer program.”

DeNegri has been a starting varsity player since her freshman year and was named varsity captain this year. She has continuously been exceptional at playing soccer, having won several National Championships through her club team as well as All-County selections.

“I’m excited to see her continue to be successful in her athletic career and in her studies,” said Kim Bradley, head coach of varsity Girls Soccer. “She is a natural leader who always gives her full effort, and I know she will excel in whatever she puts her mind to.

At the end of her sophomore year, DeNegri began hearing from college recruiters who had already been attending her showcases, games and tournaments for the past couple of years. She received many offers from various colleges such as University of Florida, and several Ivy League colleges in addition to Yale, including Harvard and Cornell.

When colleges began reaching out, Yale showed a lot of interest. For DeNegri, the feeling was mutual. “I loved the coaches; the campus wasn’t too far and it felt like home,” she said. “Overall, Yale is everything I have ever wanted.”

The relationship between Yale and DeNegri continued to prosper over the summer, with talks starting in June, and DeNegri had verbally committed by mid-August.

In her athletic college career, she hopes to be one of the top scorers for Yale and assist them in winning Ivy League championships. “A big goal for me as well, is succeeding both in the classroom and on the soccer field,” DeNegri noted.

Off the field, DeNegri hopes to have a future in the sports media industry, working with networks like ESPN and other sports-affiliated stations.

“Jojo is the perfect example of an outstanding student-athlete,” Coach Bradley said. “She always works hard on the field and applies herself in the classroom.  I know a lot of thought went into Jojo’s decision of choosing Yale, and I am thrilled for her.”

“We’re very proud of Jojo for securing her spot at Yale, and lucky to have her on our team for the rest of this year and next, said Matthew Horner, assistant varsity coach. “She’s one of our captains and our top scorer, both of which she’s earned through a tireless work ethic and leadership by example. It’s easy to see why a school and soccer program with such prestige was interested.”

DeNegri said she is grateful for the opportunity to play for Yale and stressed that she is ready to continue working hard, both on and off the field. She is also thankful to her family for always supporting her and to her club and high school coaches for pushing her and helping her get to where she is today.

About the Contributors
Emma Kirshbaum
Emma Kirshbaum, News Editor
Junior Emma Kirshbaum is a News Editor for Rampage. Emma has been writing articles for Rampage and TapInto Randolph since freshman year and took Mrs. Finnell's Journalism I class last year. Outside of writing, Emma is a member of the Bridges Outreach club, the Yearbook club and the TAP club. She is also a goalie on the girls soccer team. 
Liz Bukh
Liz Bukh, Photo Editor
Elizabeth (Liz) Bukh is a junior and the photo editor for Rampage. Liz has taken Intro to Photography as well as Photography I and II. This is her first year on staff at Rampage, and she is excited to take pictures for the school, whether they be for Rampage or the Yearbook. Outside of taking pictures, Liz does track and field and wants to work in the field of public relations in the future.