• Boys Lacrosse beats Parsippany Hills, 13-2, in Morris County Tournament, First Round, on Tuesday, May 7, bringing season record to 7-5
  • Girls Lacrosse beats Roxbury, 18-3, in Morris County Tournament, Second Round, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 5-8
  • Baseball beats West Morris, 3-2, in Morris County Tournament, Quarterfinal Round, on Saturday, May 4, bringing season record to 15-4
  • Softball loses @ Jefferson, 4-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-6
  • Boys Volleyball wins @ Dover, 2-0, on Tuesday, May 7, bringing season record to 11-9
  • Boys Tennis beats Pope John, 5-0, on Tuesday, May 7, bringing season record to 11-4

Girls Volleyball Week 4: Rams Enjoy Fourth Game Victory After Three Back-to-Back Losses

Despite+valiant+efforts+by+the+Rams%2C+including+Co-Captain+Caitlin+Sciubba+%28at+left%2C+lunging+to+pass+the+ball+to+her+teammates%29%2C+Randolph+lost+to+Hackettstown%2C+2-1%2C+on+Senior+Night%2C+Tuesday%2C+Sept.+26%2C+2023.+
Olivia Theerman
Despite valiant efforts by the Rams, including Co-Captain Caitlin Sciubba (at left, lunging to pass the ball to her teammates), Randolph lost to Hackettstown, 2-1, on Senior Night, Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2023.

The Girls Varsity Volleyball Team finished out the week strong with a 2-1 win against Hanover Park, on Saturday, Sept. 30, following a string of losses against Hackettstown, 2-1, Morristown, 2-0, and Mount Olive, 2-0. The Rams’ season record now stands at 5-7.

Randolph Vs. Hackettstown, Sept. 26

Rampage covered Randolph’s Senior Night game against the Hackettstown Tigers on Tuesday, Sept. 26, where the Rams played a well-fought game, but ultimately lost, 2-1. While the players worked well together and the game was close, the result was not what the Rams had anticipated.

“I was really disappointed,” Head Coach Sheri Data said after the Hackettstown game. “We need to focus on minimalizing errors.”

“We played okay; I think we could’ve put the ball down on the other side on offense more,” freshman Klara Hindson added. “Our defense was strong, though.”

In the first set against the Tigers, senior Megan Geuther proved to be a huge asset to the Rams with her impressive blocks and kills. Hindson also stood out with her strong defensive tactics, alongside sophomore Regan Galloway, who had blocked the other team from gaining points. Junior Co-Captain Caitlin Sciubba also had some great dives during the first set.

“We played well, but we have to fight harder,” sophomore Jazmine Holder said after the game.

After losing 25-18 in their first set, the Rams triumphed over the Tigers in the second set, 25-18, as Randolph’s defensive players focused on what they needed to fix and played aggressively. Their recoveries and continuous rallies were a leading factor in winning the second set. Each girl stepped up to stay optimistic, which contributed to the team’s redemption during the set.

After their second set victory, Randolph came into the third set hopeful for the win. Randolph’s points were mostly led by serves from senior Co-Captain Dora Katsanos, junior Yolanda Sabillon, Hindson and Holder. Galloway’s defense initially prevented Hackettstown from gaining possible points.

The score bounced back and forth in the set. After being down 13-21, Randolph made a comeback of 22-23, but the Rams’ efforts didn’t matter, as Hackettstown ultimately proved that they would not go down without a fight, and Randolph lost the set in a close call, 25-22.

“We kept digging ourselves into holes we couldn’t get out of,” senior Co-Captain Samantha Einfeldt said after the game. “We need to focus on consistency and playing aggressively.”

Randolph plays @ Pope John next, on Monday, Oct. 2, at 4 p.m.

About the Contributors
Rachel Kellett
Rachel Kellett, Staff Reporter
Freshman Rachel Kellett works as a Staff Reporter for Rampage and takes Journalism 1 with Mrs. Finnell She plays softball and basketball, and her other hobbies include listening to music, reading, playing with her dog and going to the beach.  
Grace Theerman
Grace Theerman, Staff Reporter
Grace Theerman is a freshman at RHS as well as a Staff Reporter for Rampage. She is a part of Mrs. Finnell’s Journalism 1 class. Grace enjoys playing as much lacrosse as she can in her free time. She also plays soccer and loves hanging out with friends, family and especially her pets. Grace is proud to be on staff at Rampage and can’t wait to see what it has to offer. 
View Comments (1)

• B

Bobbie MangioneOct 2, 2023 at 3:44 pm

Love this article very well written !!

Reply