• Boys Lacrosse wins @ Glen Ridge, 15-3, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 5-4
  • Girls Lacrosse loses to Morris Knolls, 10-5, on Thursday, April 25, bringing season record to 4-7
  • Baseball loses to Ridge, 6-0, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 11-3
  • Softball loses @ Lenape Valley, 2-1, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 8-5
  • Boys Volleyball beats Morristown, 2-0, on Wednesday, April 24, bringing season record to 8-7
  • Boys Tennis wins @ Morris Knolls, 5-0, on Thursday, April 25, bringing season record to 6-3

Rams Varsity Field Hockey Shuts Down Montville Mustangs on Senior Night

Junior Lindsey Bona brings the ball toward the goal on route to beating the Montville Mustangs, 3-1, on Senior Night, Wednesday, Sept. 20, at Bauer Field.
Lindsey Kudriavetz

Randolph Field Hockey beat the Montville Mustangs, 3-1, at home on Senior Night, Wednesday, Sept. 20. This win brings the Rams’ season record to 2-2-1.

The game began with a ceremony recognizing the seniors in the program for their four years of growth and accomplishments. Families, friends and loved ones packed the stands, cheering on the graduating players with support and encouragement, as the players were individually acknowledged and escorted onto the field.

“It has been great to watch the other seniors and myself grow together through our four years in the program,” said senior Captain Riley Novak, while reminiscing about the team’s journey together. “We are a very close group, and being such great friends off the field only helps us work better on the field.”

The game started off with strong energy from the Rams, as they began pushing on Montville’s defense.  Novak led the team to a strong start, quickly scoring the first goal early into the first quarter.

The game hit a scoring lull for the rest of the first half. Early in the third quarter, junior Lindsey Bona broke through Montville’s defense, scoring the second goal of the game, giving Randolph a lead of 2-0.

The Rams played exceptional defense throughout the game, preventing the Mustangs from scoring until the third quarter. Junior goalie Jessa Altemose contributed to the team’s excellent defense by saving five of Montville’s shots on goal. Senior Defenders Kelly Iantosca and Addison Cozza and sophomore Defender Daniella Gizienski kept the play on Montville’s side for the majority of the game.

“Success comes from working together on and off the field,” claimed junior Rebecca Dasti, who was named the game’s MVP. “We’re working on that every day, and I think we will continue to improve as the season progresses.”

Senior Madison Molina scored in the final quarter of the game, which cemented the Rams’ win to smiles and cheers of exhilaration both on the field and in the bleachers.

Molina and junior Kayla Pentz led the game in assists with one each.

Up next, the Rams challenge @ West Morris, on Tuesday, Sept. 26, at 6:00 p.m.

About the Contributors
Kaitlyn DiCataldo
Kaitlyn DiCataldo, Media Producer, Staff Reporter
Senior Kaitlyn DiCataldo has been a contributing Staff Reporter for Rampage since her freshman year and is currently enrolled in Mrs. Finnell’s Journalism I class to further her knowledge and experience in writing. Kaitlyn is a Media Producer for the Multimedia section, but she also enjoys writing Opinion and Arts articles. Kaitlyn is also producer of the Ram Report, where she explores her passion for media production and broadcasting. 
Lindsey Kudriavetz
Lindsey Kudriavetz, Editor-in-Chief

Lindsey Kudriavetz is a senior and an editor-in-chief for Rampage. Lindsey has been writing articles since her freshman year and completed Mrs. Finnell's Journalism I and II classes. Lindsey primarily writes sports articles, and she is also passionate about sports photography. Outside of writing, Lindsey is the executive producer for the Ram Report and editor-in-chief for the yearbook. She is also on the varsity softball team as a pitcher.