• Boys Lacrosse beats West Essex, 17-6, on Tuesday, April 30, bringing season record to 6-5
  • Girls Lacrosse beats Roxbury, 18-3, in Morris County Tournament, Second Round, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 5-8
  • Baseball wins @ Livingston, 10-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 13-3
  • Softball loses @ Jefferson, 4-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-6
  • Boys Volleyball beats Sparta, 2-0, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-7
  • Boys Tennis beats Mount Olive, 5-0, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 9-4

Randolph Welcomes Back School Staff for 2023-2024 Academic Year, One Day Ahead of Students’ Return

Members+of+the+RHS+marching+band+help+usher+in+teachers+and+administrators+from+across+the+Randolph+Township+district+at++the+staff-only+opening+day+for+the+2023-2024+academic+year%2C+on+Tuesday%2C+August+29%2C+in+the+high+school+auditorium.+Students+return+and+classes+begin+tomorrow%2C+on+Wednesday%2C+August+30.++
Tara Sterling
Members of the RHS marching band help usher in teachers and administrators from across the Randolph Township district at the staff-only opening day for the 2023-2024 academic year, on Tuesday, August 29, in the high school auditorium. Students return and classes begin tomorrow, on Wednesday, August 30.

Hundreds of staff from the Randolph Township school district, including 29 new members, were welcomed back in style for the coming 2023-2024 academic year. The event took place in the high school auditorium on Tuesday, August 29th, a day before students were scheduled to return to class.

“This year’s learning community theme is ‘together complete’,” Superintendent Jennifer Fano announced in her opening remarks. “Every staff member contributes to our collective success. We are better when we truly work together.”

Prior to Fano’s remarks, musicians from the high-school’s 70-member marching band helped usher staff into the auditorium with a handful of lively brass, woodwind, and percussion selections.

RHS senior Amaia Biggin took the stage next, giving a pitch-perfect rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.

To close out the event, Sandra Kessell, the REA president who teaches English at the high school, gave tenure recognition to approximately 25 teachers and administrators throughout the district.

Then staff were off to attend department meetings and building activities for the rest of the day, looking forward to meeting their new students when classes start tomorrow, on Wednesday, August 30.