Bridges Club Makes Over 300 Bagged Lunches for Homeless

Bridges+members+help+create+the+300-plus+bagged+lunches+the+club+donated+to+the+homeless+and+financially+struggling+families+in+Newark+as+part+of+last+months+Project+Kind.+

Nicholas Guillermo

Bridges members help create the 300-plus bagged lunches the club donated to the homeless and financially struggling families in Newark as part of last month’s Project Kind.

Nicholas Guillermo, Staff Reporter

Members of the Bridges club volunteered their time to compile over 300 bagged lunches for Project Kind, which delivered the lunches to the homeless and people facing financial hardships in Newark last month.

Bridges first collected lunch items such as bread, peanut butter, jelly, trail mix, granola bars, fruit cups, utensils and paper bags. Once all lunch items were on hand, club members and fellow students then met in the Commons to decorate paper bags with positive messages and fill them with the lunches.

“The executive board was so proud of the members and students who made such a great effort to help,” Bridges president Samantha Bachenheimer said. “This was personally one of my favorite events this year because we were able to come together as a community to help people who were struggling. Loading all the completed lunch bags into boxes at the end of each day was so rewarding.”

Bridges club members and their fellow students truly helped those in need and, in the process, helped improve the community. Everyone who was involved in the event deserves to be commended for the considerable amount of time and effort they put into the success of Project Kind.

Editor’s Note: For more information on how you can volunteer or donate to Project Kind, go to https://www.projectkind123.org.