• RHS graduates 331 members of Class of 2024
  • Good luck to all RHS Class of 2024 grads
  • Rampage wishes everyone a happy, healthy and safe summer
  • Rampage is officially on summer break and will be back online in September

RHS Senior Art Show Reveals Abundance of Talent in Class of 2024

Throngs of talented RHS senior artists displayed their beautiful works for the Randolph community to enjoy at the 2024 Senior Art Show, held on May 23, in the high school Commons.

“We have so many good seniors,” said Jennifer Beaver, who teaches drawing, ceramics and studio art at the high school.

The art students worked exceptionally hard to grow their extraordinary collection. The show displayed works in various art mediums, including drawing, painting, ceramics, fashion design and photography. Visitors were dazzled by colorful and beautifully set art displays while enjoying delicious food and a live jazz band.

Beaver gave a special shoutout to Matthew Hitland, who’s president of the National Art Honors Society and won first place at the Blackwell Art Show for his incredibly well-done portrait. At this year’s art show, he also won the Excellence in Visual Arts Award.

Mia Silverman, winner of the Printmaking Award, said she’s been interested in art “probably since she was old enough to use crayons.” Silverman said she plans to continue her art journey in college in order to pursue a career as a visual artist. Silverman showcased her unique interests in gore and SFX makeup in her art presentations.

Moving over to ceramics, seniors showcased pieces including vases, 3D animal designs and more. Grace Augustine won the Ceramics Award for her cat vase creation.

Sofya Andrianova created emotionally moving pieces of a woman’s body with scattered eyes on it. “I was trying to think of the social norms that surrounds our bodies,” she said, “so I added eyes to demonstrate that there are always eyes on our bodies and how we, as people, are always concerned about how we look.”

Tyler Glidden is a student photographer who plans on becoming an architect. He presented photos he took of the high school’s track team and other sports. He also presented his own floor plans in a work he calls the “Glidden Project.”

Lastly, this year’s fashion program had three submissions from Julian Rua, who noted that he aims to keep his designs simple but with a touch of something fancier. Rua plans on continuing his art studies at Savannah College Art and Design.

These senior art students and more gave a shout out to the many talented RHS teachers—Steven Coleman, Tracey Platt, Allison Abney, Christian Montone, Luke Suttile and Jennifer Beaver—who helped them grow as artists.

About the Contributor
Lauren Rogers
Lauren Rogers, Staff Reporter
Lauren Rogers is a sophomore staff reporter for Rampage at RHS. She is thrilled to be in Journalism 1 for the first time and explore her writing skills. Besides Rampage, Lauren is involved in the Team Harmony and Drama clubs. She takes part in high school theater with most of her friends. She also spends a big part of her free time listening to music and playing with her two dogs.