• Boys Lacrosse wins @ Pope John, 11-4, on Friday, April 19, bringing season record to 4-4
  • Girls Lacrosse loses @ Immaculate Heart, 12-6, on Monday, April 22, bringing season record to 4-6
  • Baseball loses to Mendham, 4-3, on Tuesday, April 23, bringing season record to 11-2
  • Softball loses to Morris Knolls, 5-2, on Tuesday, April 23, bringing season record to 8-4
  • Boys Volleyball beats Chatham, 2-0, on Monday, April 22, bringing season record to 7-7
  • Boys Tennis beats Morristown, 5-0, on Monday, April 22, bringing season record to 5-3

‘Meet The Candidates’ Event Helps Bring Out the Vote for Upcoming Student Elections

Student+Council+candidates+meet+and+mingle+with+student+voters+at+Meet+the+Candidates%2C+held+on+Monday%2C+March+18%2C+in+the+high+school+Commons.+The+election+itself+is+on+Monday%2C+March+25%2C+during+extended+homeroom.+
Ben Frick
Student Council candidates meet and mingle with student voters at “Meet the Candidates,” held on Monday, March 18, in the high school Commons. The election itself is on Monday, March 25, during extended homeroom.

RHS students had the opportunity to meet the candidates for student government for the 2024 – 2025  academic year on Monday, March 18.

The event, which was held in the Commons during Zero Period,  offered student voters the opportunity to become better informed about the candidates before the election is held this Monday, March 25, during extended homeroom.  

Freshman Jared Veljkovic, who’s running for president of the Class of 2027, said his goal in attending the event was to get voter support by “showing my face and spreading the word with enthusiasm.”  

“I’m here to represent the class of 2027,” added freshman Lara Khattab, a vice presidential candidate on Veljkovic’s ticket. “I’m going to get votes by interacting [with students] and sharing ideas to help my campaign.”  

Junior Liz Bukh, who is running for public relations officer for the Class of 2025, said she is “running because she wants to pursue this and better the school.”  

“I enjoy doing this and want to up our school spirit,” said freshman Ruhi Shah, who is running for class historian for the Class of 2027, on why said she is running for office.

Plenty of student voters attended to learn about the candidates for their class. Sophomore voter Felipe Gonzalez said he wanted to “vote for Abhijoy because he is leading with vision.”  

“I went because I wanted to know who was running for election,” freshman voter Ellis Reiber said. Reiber noted that while he “learned what most of the candidates were running for,” it did not change his vote. 

Finally, freshman voter Jenna Errico said she “wanted to attend to support my friends and see what others were offering.  I learned about what they [the candidates] are going to do. It was a very helpful event and definitely helped persuade me who to vote for.” 

The following candidates will be on the ballot for the election, which is taking place on Monday, March 25, during extended homeroom. Don’t forget to vote! 

Class of 2025: 

• President: Jack Manolis  (running unopposed)
  • Vice President: Carly Ellermeyer 
  • Public Relations: Scarlett Cantada 
  • Class Historian: Shaelyn Brady 
  • Class Officers: Harsh Magdum & Max Brown  

2024-2025 Executive Board

• President: Brett Shuster, Sareena Kalinani 
  • Vice President: Max Ezra  
  • Public Relations: Liz Bukh, Katie Park  
  • Historian: Jack Lachanski  

Class of 2026  

• President: Olivia Nakasato  
  • Vice President: Daniel Sharkey  
  • Public Relations: Gavin Vetter  
  • Class Historian: Ryan Merkle  
  • Class Officers: Cole Cantada and Abhijoy Nandi  

Class of 2027 

• President: Jarred Veljkovic  
  • Vice President: Lara Khattab, Stephanie Weng  
  • Public Relations: Kayla Hudak  
  • Class Historian: Ruhi Shah, Jolina Weng 
  • Class Officer: Anabella Sharkey 

PTSO/BOA Representatives

• Sebastian Henao
  • Navya Agrawal
  • Tamara Khattab
  • Caroline Coe 
About the Contributor
Ben Frick
Ben Frick, Staff Reporter
Ben Frick Is a freshman who is in his first year of the high school's Journalism program, He is delighted to be writing for the Rampage online newspaper. Ben is also in the video club at RHS and plays baseball for the high school. 
View Comments (1)

• J

Jeffrey UllmanMar 22, 2024 at 4:39 pm

Excellent piece. Well written, informative and insightful. The reporter has a future in journalism.

Reply