The Student-Run News Site of Randolph High School

Rampage

Breaking News
  • Boys Lacrosse beats West Essex, 17-6, on Tuesday, April 30, bringing season record to 6-5
  • Girls Lacrosse beats Roxbury, 18-3, in Morris County Tournament, Second Round, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 5-8
  • Baseball wins @ Livingston, 10-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 13-3
  • Softball loses @ Jefferson, 4-2, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-6
  • Boys Volleyball beats Sparta, 2-0, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 10-7
  • Boys Tennis beats Mount Olive, 5-0, on Wednesday, May 1, bringing season record to 9-4

Rampage

Rampage

Students Meet and Mingle with Reps at Annual College Fair

Senior+Abby+Lindsey+checks+in+at+the+James+Madison+University+%28JMU%29+table+at+the+annual+College+Fair%2C+held+in+the+high+school+Commons+on+Tuesday%2C+Sept.+19%2C+2023.+
Giacomo Lenge
Senior Abby Lindsey checks in at the James Madison University (JMU) table at the annual College Fair, held in the high school Commons on Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2023.

Students filled the RHS Commons on Sept. 19 for the annual College Fair, where they had the opportunity to meet representatives from various colleges and universities and learn more about the schools that interested them.

“The College Fair gave students the opportunity to see what types of colleges are out there and explore their options while making connections with the college reps and what the school has to offer,” Dean of Students Lindsay Reilly said. “I saw many students positively interacting with a variety of post-secondary options across the country.”

A wide variety of colleges were present, ranging from renowned powerhouses like University of Alabama to smaller schools, such as Emerson College in Boston and Nova Southeastern University in Florida.

Attendees were able to browse the table displays, speak with representatives, and learn more about what the colleges and universities have to offer. Students also had the chance to meet with admissions officers who might very well end up reviewing their college applications in the coming months.

“It was a great experience to learn about new colleges and the programs they have, which helped me get a better understanding of which program was best for me,” senior Mike Barrera said. He added that the fair opened his eyes to schools he hadn’t necessarily considered before. “I was really surprised by Penn State. It had a great program for accounting, and they have so many events that I can join and be a part of.”

“It was refreshing to see some colleges I have not heard about before, and it was cool getting the opportunity to learn more about them,” senior Ethan Gorman said. “As someone who is making the decision currently, it was a huge help to narrow down my options.”

Underclassmen who attended also thought the fair was helpful, as it gave them an advance look at potential schools of interest as well as insider tips on the college application process. “Many of these schools caught my interest, and I will definitely keep them in mind when I am making my decision senior year,” junior Eli Gasbarro said.

Overall, attendees of all high school grade levels agreed that the college fair was a huge success. The schools were able to promote their values and find new potential students to admit, while students got the chance to scout where they could find a meaningful college experience in the future.

About the Contributor
Giacomo Lenge
Giacomo Lenge, Staff Reporter
Giacomo Lenge is a senior at Randolph High School. This is his second year on staff at Rampage. Outside of Rampage, Giacomo is a member of the National English Honor Society and the National Honor Society. He is also on the cross country and track teams at the high school.